Weightloss ticker (kilograms)

Weightloss ticker (pounds)

Friday, August 21, 2009

The sacrifices we make

Today I went to the movies with a friend I haven't seen in a while. I knew it wasn't just going to be a movie, more like the movie was the excuse to have a 2 hr heart-to-heart at McCafe afterwards. Yeah.. McCafe, now there goes an interesting concept for someone who is currently on a 1200 kcal/ day diet. Luckily, I knew since the morning that I had social plans for today, so I just conveniently skipped my lunch and mid-afternoon snack to save on the 500 calories represented later that day by that half a piece of chocolate cake I munched down while having a conversation about the big things in life ;) with my friend. When I got home and added up the calories I have eaten today so far I was very dissapointed to find that it wasn't enough to cut out lunch and mid-afternoon snack, I also needed to slim down on the dinner as well so instead of one and a half slices of brown bread + fish in oil + tomatoes, I just had fish in oil and still I was a little over (less than a 100 kcal though) my calorie count for the day. Don't get me wrong, that half a piece of chocolate cake was worth every bite but I may not want to be pulling this skipping meals thing when I get back to work on monday, otherwise my brain won't be able to work properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment